Friday, October 22, 2010

Creamy Ham & Potato Soup

I rarely make soups but with the weather changing and all of the pumpkin I have been baking with lately I was in the mood for a good soup. This one was so delicious. Its creamy, has the best flavor, and its really easy. I changed the recipe a little because it didn't seem like there were many vegetables in it. It turned out great. This is a must try.


Creamy Ham & Potato Soup

3 1/2 cups peeled and diced Potatoes 
2/3 cup diced Celery
1/3 cup finely chopped Onion
1 cup Carrot, diced 
1 can Corn
1 cup diced cooked Ham (buy a ham steak in the deli section)
3 1/4 Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper, or to taste
5 Tbsp Butter
5 Tbsp Flour
2 cups Milk

Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, carrot, ham and chicken broth in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper.

In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk so that lumps don't form and until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.

Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.

Makes 6 servings 

Recipe Source: thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. When I grow up can I be like you? Jason would fall over from the shock if I told him I made him soup. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design By Designer Blogs