Monday, October 25, 2010

Carmel Apples

Carmel Apples are Halloween to me. So I figured this was the perfect time to experiment. I wasn't very adventurous because I have nothing but chocolate in my house apparently, but I did the best I could with what I had. The caramel recipe is really easy and it tastes a like Werther's candies. They are delicious and best served cold! 

White Chocolate & Mini Chocolate Chips. . .

the same but in a different order. . .

My personal favorite, Oreos and White Chocolate. . .

Brent's Halloween apple. 
Semi-Sweet Chocolate & White Chocolate. . .

the same idea, a little more messy. . .

and the prettiest of all, 
White Chocolate and Semi-Sweet Chocolate. . .

Caramel Recipe

1 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
dash of Salt

Mix ingredients in order over medium heat. Come to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, to soft ball stage (use a candy thermometer or test in a bowl of cold water – a drop of caramel in the cold water should roll into a soft ball in your fingers). Remove from heat. Dip the apples in the caramel once it has stopped boiling. If you are putting cookies or candy directly onto the caramel do so immediately because the caramel sets very quickly. If you are dipping in chocolate put apples in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the caramel will be cold and won't melt off the apple when it was dipped in the hot chocolate.

Recipe Source: www.melskitchencafe.com

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! We've been doing caramel apples over here too. I think my fav is caramel, white chocolate, coated with pecan pieces and cinnamon sugar. So good!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design By Designer Blogs