Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I keep trying different chocolate cookie recipes and there is always something about them that I don't like. This had none of those things. These are soft and chewy. They are so good! I can stop looking for new chocolate chip cookie recipes because this one is it for me. One thing I did notice though, I tried one when they first came out of the oven and wasn't overly impressed. But when I had one the next day I couldn't believe how good they were. Maybe I am just crazy but I think these are better completely cooled.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ cup Margarine
½ cup Butter, Softened
1 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
½ cups White Sugar
2 whole Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2-¼ cups Plus 2 Tbsp,  Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1-½ tsp Salt
¾ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup (heaping) Milk Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, stir together butter, margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir together. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients in batches, stirring gently after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet within 1 minute of coming out of the oven.

Recipe Source: thepioneerwoman.com/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design By Designer Blogs