Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided to brave the world of pumpkin treats. I haven't ever made anything with pumpkin in it. Unlike my fear of cooking with fresh apples, I was more confident in taking on the pumpkin. I have tried 2 different pumpkin cookie recipes. I am going to post both of them because they are very different and both good in their own ways. This particular recipe is the one I tried first. They are more cake like and they were very good. I also made frosting to go on them because they were so much like cake I figured I would try them with frosting and it was ok. The frosting itself was good, I just am not too sure about it on the cookies. So if nothing else I have a good cream cheese frosting recipe now.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup Canned Pumpkin
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Vanilla
4 drops Red Food Coloring
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips

Combine pumpkin, sugars, vegetable oil, vanilla, egg and food coloring. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips.

Drop by the spoonful onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 365 degrees for 12 minutes. 

Cream Cheese Frosting


8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled cookies.

Cookie Source(I changed the recipe a bit): www.allrecipes.com
Frosting Source: www.melskitchencafe.com

1 comment:

  1. Those look sooo nummy. I'm going to have to try them someday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design By Designer Blogs