Friday, June 18, 2010

Recipe Box, Recipe Stand

First the recipe box. . .
I bought a plain recipe box from Roberts and 1 - 12x12 sheet of paper and decoupaged it on with mod podge.
I cut out Recipes! with the cricut and decoupaged that over the main paper and did a coat of mod podge over the whole thing to make it uniform and glossy, also easier to dust. I painted the rim so it matched better than the natural wood.

I attempted to make recipe dividers and they turned out alright

and they fit perfectly.

Now the recipe stand. . . This is how it looked to begin with, I got it at my wedding shower. So if you gave it to me and you read this, I really like the stand I am just going to make it a little brighter.

I took the word off and sanded the stand. . .

I painted it white and added the word recipe I cut out of paper because I tried to paint the original ones and it did not go so well.

I cut flowers out of the same paper I did the recipe box in and decoupaged them on.

And this is the finished product

1 comment:

 
Design By Designer Blogs