Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Every Sunday we go to my parents for dinner and I bring dessert. This past Sunday I decided to try a cake recipe I found on kevinandamanda.com/recipes. I needed an occasion because you dont just have cake any day of the week, so my excuse was St. Patricks Day. Pretty pathetic, but I really wanted to try this cake. I apparently am out of the loop because everyone I told about this cake has had it before. But anyway, I think it turned out pretty well. It took me a few tries to get the frosting to stay on the cake(it was too runny and kept sliding down, frosting is obviously not my forte). It did end up turning out and was so delicious!

The BEST Chocolate Cake!
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 package Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips                       

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a VERY large bowl (4 qt), mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into cake pan of choice (I normally use two 9-inch pie pans). For cooking time, I use the cooking times on the back of the devil’s food cake box as a guide and usually add 10 mins to whatever it says. Then I do the toothpick check, and if it’s not done, I check on it every 5 mins after that. :) It usually takes around 45 mins for two, 9-inch pie pans.

Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and vanilla. Add sugar one cup at a time and continue creaming until well blended. Add milk, and mix until light and fluffy.

Recipe Source:  www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design By Designer Blogs